The application for ISWI 2015 is closed. Thank you very much for your interest in our conference. We got more than 3000 applications from around 110 countries.
Now we will start to read and assess your applications. This can last for about one month, as every application is read by at least three persons independently from each other. As we are all students who work voluntarily for ISWI, this has to be done besides our studies and exams. So please refrain from asking, if you are invited – we will contact you. You will receive an email indicating whether or not you have been invited for ISWI 2015 presumably in the beginning of March 2015.
Welcome to the application page for ISWI 2015! Please first read these few hints before you apply.
- You must be at least 18 years old and be a student at the time of the conference.
- We can only accept applications in English, since the conference language is English.
- The deadline for applications is January, 31st 2015 (11:59 pm Central European Time). [The deadline was extended.]
- Do not copy any texts from the Internet, books, friends or other sources. Mark every quotation and state the source. Applications containing plagiarism will not be taken into consideration for ISWI 2015!
The application consists of 2 steps:
- Register an account for your application by entering your email address and confirming the link we send to you.
- Fill in your personal data.
- State details about your studies.
- State any preferences you have concerning your stay.
- Select the working group you would like to participate in during the conference (You can state your three top preferences, but you will only be able to take part in one group, according to our capacities). Check out here which working groups we offer for ISWI 2015.
- Tell us briefly about your experiences (international experiences, social commitment, NGO work etc.).
- Write your application (2 short essays, each between 200 and 500 words):
- Essay 1: The topic of ISWI 2015 is ‘responsibility’ and our motto is ‘dare to care’. What does ‘responsibility’ mean to you? What comes to your mind, when you read our motto? What is your motivation to join ISWI 2015?
- Essay 2: Above, you chose the working group that you would like to join during ISWI 2015. What was the reason for your 1st wish? What is your personal connection to that topic? Please explain your choice briefly.
- Submit your application.
Tip: Use a text document to compose your essays before you apply. This way, you can take your time to write the essays. Furthermore, your essays won’t get lost when your Internet connection breaks down.
After the deadline (31 January 2015) we will start to read and assess your applications. This can last for about one month. Afterwards you will receive an email indicating whether or not you have been invited for ISWI 2015. We will send that information presumably in the end of February or the beginning of March 2015. Those who have been chosen to participate in ISWI 2015 will get an official invitation by that email, too.
We are sorry that due to limited capacities we won’t be able to accept all applicants. We wish you good luck and a successful application!